Thursday, September 11, 2008

Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad


We live on a hill and the road up is pretty narrow. If 2 cars meet going in opposite directions, someone needs to back down. It is a very friendly social experience and everyone knows the rules.

Yesterday I was going up the hill and a neighbor was coming down. I made the choice to back up to let her pass. Chivalry is my middle name.

Unfortunately, I backed up a teeny bit too far and narrowly missed going over the edge of a steep embankment. As we have still avoided getting cell phones, I had to go to a nearby home and use the phone to call for help. Because this is a small town, many looky-loos were able to get a view of my dilemma and I was happy to put a smile on their faces.


After about an hour, the tow truck got me out.
My biggest break of the day came when Kimberly did NOT come driving up the street and see my predicament.

5 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

daddy would have NEVER been in that situation as he could drive backwards from Rochester to NZ!! Nice that you were being considerate but come on - it's your road!! see you in a few :) robin

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought your middle name was "d'oh!"

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger channelsurferdude said...

Your middle name is chivalry, but your first name is "I'm an old man and I should not be driving in a foreign country".

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glade you didn't hurt yourself or others. I think you should pay attention to the comment about old age and driving.
Several people in their 60's still think they "haveit" when they actually need to focus on the business at hand. Keep your eyes on the road and pay attention to the details.
Have a long life.

 
At 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eewwwwww the old crack comment...did you know you were old? yikes - obviously this one does not know you as it would not be the age but the "wear and tear" that will affect you!!!!:):):) see you in a few days - love robin!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home