Saturday, February 23, 2008

Look For The Girl With The Sun In Her Eyes And She's Gone


Kimberly and I just got back from dropping Chloe and her parents at the airport. I don't know if I mentioned that she has quite an appetite. Actually, if she were an appliance, she would be a disposal.


She eats like she thinks Hitler is driving a tank up Cleveland Terrace looking for half Jewish children. And to boot, Chloe has taken a fancy to mince meat pies, a bakery item here chock full of goodness if consumed twice a day.


At the airport today, we had her try a sausage roll. Even though it was her first one, she proclaimed it to be more preferable than the meat pie. When she heard the call to board, there was a moment of panic. Then she stuffed the remains into her maw, stored them in the cheek pouches and waddled to the gate.

During her stay, I had my nose twisted and abused more than sinus surgery. Chasing her around, I crawled through obstacles more than a WWI dough boy. Somehow I was able to extend my record of not changing a diaper to 40 years and counting.

But I was excellent at detection.

As a consequence, I was made to clean up the kiddie pool after a mountainous shit was released therein. It looked like pureed meat pie and I don't know if it was really good for the garden or not.

When we got back to the house, we decided it would be a good idea to tidy up the old digs. 2 weeks with a baby in the home can put fingerprints on everything including the couch.

I got out the friendly cleaning products and micro fibre and went to it. The tools and elbow grease got the tiny footprints off the wood floors and the hand marks off the glass.

But this little girl left a much deeper impression on us than can be rubbed away with glass cleaner and towels.

Thanks to Brandon and Vanessa for dropping by and making our summer the sunniest yet.

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A cutie
A Hottie
An old fart - -maybe he should be grandpa poopas maximus
I wonder if the hottie ever made the chocolate cake recipe that I sent. Neither one of them looks too fat

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is such a little doll and I bet the trip back from dropping them back was a sad one. She can eat all the meat/sausage pies she can find...I bet Ricky would be eating them too!!!! love robin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home