Friday, February 08, 2008

'Cause Thinking And Drinking Are all I Have Today


On those rare occasions when I find myself on an airliner, I choose to sip a certain drink...Ginger Ale. I like Ginger Ale more than Coke or Sprite but for some psychological reason, I only drink it on airplanes. Maybe I believe it is some sort of elixer that will keep me from harm in the air. Maybe I am just trying to be different. Kimberly always has her usual water. She is so regimented in her ways that when the non-alcolholic drinks are on the house, she still prefers water. Typical non-jew activity.
Good on her, she will piss on my grave...and the piss will be nice and clear. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Here on the ground, I have been drinking quite a bit of water myself. Especially since we had a filtered tap installed. The guy who put it in was great. We met him at Saturday market and he came over and did everything involving installation. The only problem was, he tried to sell us a lot of the other crap in his bag. There was a knife sharpener, and of course, a litle thing called Christianity. But he was a nice guy, so I didn't insult him. And I think the water that comes out of the tap is now holy. So I got that going for me also.

But water is not a drink for blokes in a pub. And if I try too much booze, I get sleepy and headachey. Rarely, I have a local beer like Mac's Gold. But recently I have discovered Australian Ginger Beer.

It is a very popular beverage and totally acceptable. It also tastes like my airline drink, but with less carbonation.
here is the website of my favorite brand;
http://www.bundaberg-brew.com.au/

So at pubs and restaurants, I ask for Ginger Beer. Kimberly likes it too and it has made an appearance in the new refrigerator in the form of glass bottles in a 6 pack. Then the plastic liter bottle. Then 3 of them. Then we found they also have a diet version that tastes the same.

The only problem is that I now need to find a new airplane drink.

6 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Real Men drink Ten High.
Coco heads drink ginger.

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very informative piece..i always wanted to have more information on this beverage.
have a nice day.

 
At 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is that last guy?? "have a nice day" has that person not been keeping up with your little sarcastic blogs and comments?!?!?! glad to know you are drinking well on the other side of the world. i know you have to find more items to stock your overly huge frig., so move forward in your search for more drinks and food - love robin

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Νice blοg! Ӏs youг thеmе custom
made or did you download іt fгom ѕomewhеre?
A design like youгs with a few simple tweeks wοuld reаlly make my
blog jump οut. Please let me know where yоu got your design.
Аpprecіate іt

my ωeb-sitе :: car transporter trailer hire

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ηі! I know thіs іs κinԁ of οff topic but I
was wondеring which blog platform are you using foг this
ωebsite? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had problems with hаckers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

My web site; coffee pure cleanse side effects

 

Post a Comment

<< Home