Saturday, May 10, 2008

Baba O'Reilly





My old friend Barbara Walters has been in the news lately because of her book of memoirs, Audition.
She has been seen on the Oprah program and other news shows including an in depth interview with Bill O'Reilly where she revealed having an affair with a black married senator, Edward Brooke.

Bill tried to turn this into a smear against Obama.

As some of you know, but most of you don't, I worked as a nurse at La Costa Resort and Spa in Carlsbad, California from 1986-92. In that time, I met quite a few luminaries.

During a golf tourney, Lee Trevino came into the medical office to talk. he mocked one of the owners, a close friend. He said that the guy's face was so wrinkled that it resembled the strings on a harp. He said he could play the Star Spangled banner on his mug. I'm not sure what that meant, but Lee was fun.

Also on my "brush with greatness" list was The Reverend Jesse Jackson. He was always accompanied by an entourage called "The Rainbow Coalition", but they all looked one color to me. Jesse complained of a headache and I administered Tylenol and he shook my hand. And he had very big hands..... (wink, wink, nod, nod,...)
Richard Dreyfus with Amy Irving wandered in and out. Gloria Steinem received vitamin packs.

The entire Royal Saudi family stayed for a month and dropped around $5 million. One of their body guards had a burn and I had to go to his room to change his dressing. Even though he was wearing a very expensive Armani suit, his B. O. was so nauseating, I needed to hold my breath the entire time. Afterwards, he tried to tip me, but citing policy, I refused and ran out into the fresh air.

But the highlight of my relationships with guests was Barbara Walters. She had just married one of the owners, Marv Adelson. This was her 3rd marriage. He brought his bride to the spa for a week of extreme pampering and that included me.


She came in to be weighed and measured. I found my self alone in an exam room with Baba in her bra and panties. They were pretty and lacy and white. No thong, however she could have gotten away with it as she had a great body. I was lucky to sneak in my camera and get this shot which I have never shown anyone until now.


Age - 53, Weight - 120, height - 5'4.


She confided that she had just lost 10 pounds by eliminating bread.

Her doctor had told her to lose weight before her scheduled face lift. I was shocked she divulged this secret information to me. All I know is she looks the same now as she did in 1986. So she must have had the face lift, if not two or three more.

She then got dressed and Marv came in and held her hand while I drew her blood for cholesterol testing. I found this to be very sweet.
(They were divorced 6 years later.)

I saw her throughout the week and noticed how she had an impossible time trying to relax. She was on the treadmill or the recumbent bike while at the same time, talking on the the phone. This was before computers or the term "multi-tasking".

I'm sure she remembers me fondly and I would have certainly made it into her book if it was only about 1000 pages longer.


3 Comments:

At 3:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell us more about Barb.
Bushy or shaven?
Implants?
Enema fan?
For some reason she has left those details out of her 50,000 page book.
Enquiring minds want to know.
How refreshing to read a blog that leaves me wanting more not less.
By the way, you have now insulted The House of Saud. I declare a fatwa on you and the "richest Jew in Nelson!"
Allah be praised

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger channelsurferdude said...

Who is Jewish?

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sympathise with your comments about being in a room with a woman with a nice body wearing only panties and a bra.
Admittedly, I also tried to take a quick shot but no success.
Did you see the Saudi's perform their towel job on each other?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home