Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Don't Bogart That Joint, My Friend


On the dark occasion of drug addict, Bob Marley's birthday, it ironic that Michael Phelps, America's true hero, has gone from Role Model to Roll Model.

I am shocked, shocked that a gold medal Olympic star has been photographed smoking marijuana!

Has he no respect for his body? Doesn't he know cannabis destroys the brain and leads to heroin and kills millions of people every day???

I am officially taking down all my many Michael Phelps posters from the walls of my bedroom.

I remember back in the 60's and 70's when I was a big fan of country western singer, Willie Nelson. Then I come to learn that he was a pot smoker. That was it. I turned my attention to Glen Campbell and disco.

I have always been in favor of using sports greats as images for our children to emulate. I never agreed it should be parents or teachers who should show youth the way to behave. Entertainers and athletes seem to have it figured out, so kids should copy them, not small minded average people like members of the family.

But this hard drug business happens all too much with our heroes and I for one am getting sick and tired of this behavior. With Phelps, it is the last straw. He should be burned at the stake, or more appropriately, water boarded. His flipper feet should be surgically altered into 40 pound anvils.

The lungs he was filling with evil deadly smoke ware not just his. They belonged to every child in America... also General Mills.




At the very least, he should be thrown in jail like OJ or Tommy Chong (king of bongs). But being a "famous" person, he will probably do no time in prison.

I know if a teacher like me got caught with even a gram of weed in an illegal search, I would be suspended without pay and sent work at a school full of ne'er-do-wells.

Fortunately, because I grew up in the age of sportsmen like Mickey Mantle and clean living actors such as Robert Mitchum, that scenario could never happen to me.

I must stop writing now.

It's 4:20.

2 Comments:

At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

time for a little hit ey? love robin

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger channelsurferdude said...

I didn't know you smoked weed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home