Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hey 19, That's 'Retha Franklin


I had to get up at 4:00 am to watch the peaceful transition of power. These are my Inauguration Highlights:

With all due R-E-S-P-E-C-T, what has 'Retha been shoveling into her pie hole? I reckon she is up to 300 pounds. The Queen of Soul, AKA The Fat in the Hat, looks like the black Artie Lange. Still has the great voice, but looks worse than Ben Franklin. Same thoughts about Al Gore. When he walks, he must leave a very large (carbon) footprint. I hope Tipper gets on top during intimacy.

The quartet of minorities played extremely well. We had a chick, a slope, a negro and a hebe. By the way, that was NOT Itzhak Perlman on the violin. At the last minute, he was replaced by recently elected Senator from Minnesota, Al Franken, who plays a smokin' fiddle.












My favorite moment of the ceremonies came when Dick Cheney was rolled out from his cage in a wheelchair. He brought to mind George Bailey's nemisis, Mr. Potter, a warped, frustrated old man.












Appropriatly, Old man Bush also sported a classy walking stick. Can he skydive with a cane? If W. somehow became hobbled, what a hat trick that would be. By the way, was it me, or did his reception define the term, "smattering of applause"?

Was not that crazy about Rick Warren or the poetry lady, but loved the old rev. with the soul patch, who stirred up the crowd with not one, not two, but three "AMENs"

Obama's speech was good, but not his greatest. I bet Bush did not understand half the words.

We shall see what happens next.

I'm going back to bed until Hannity tells me what to really think about all this.


1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the speech and the instrumentals and yes, I think Bush was understanding 1/3 of the words used - the, a, and...you get the drift. Love that Tom B. continued to point out people that Obama was hugging/kissing - "she's from princeton. another harvard person on the team...on and on - I think he is just thrilled that we have people with high level education that will be making the decisions FINALLY - most of America is smiling today so all is good for now - love robin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home