Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'll Get Up And Fly away


Some of you may know it was my Birthday the other day. I share this with nephew Zach and my little buddy, Jack Diamond. Chloe turned 2 the other day and Vanessa has a birthday in a week or so.


Everybody has them, no big deal, really. Plus, as they get up there in the 60's, birthdays are not as cool as they used to be.


But Kimberly loves 'em and loves to celebrate. She insisted I be home at 11:30.


Then without saying anything, she told me to drive in the direction of the airport. I was trying to figure out what this surprise was going to be because I sort of dislike surprises. Finally, thinking we were going up in a helicopter, I settled down a bit.


But that was not to be. When we walked into this office near the airport, I learned that i was going on a flying lesson...in one minute.


The instructor was a cute girl, Michelle.


Before I could even say anything, I was strapped in and trying very hard to straighten up my head (which I had unwittingly unstraightened eariler) and focus on all the dials and knobs and flaps and headphones.


The entire thing lasted 45 minutes and she let me do a lot of the flying and turning and climbing. We were always safe because it was like a driver training car with 2 sets of controls.


The whole thing was really great and I am still thinking about it today.
So happy friggin' birthday to me!

3 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy friggin BD to you :) bet it was a blast! love robin

 
At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

next stop, the 6666 ranch in Tejas

 
At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a Hudson River in New Zealand?
Happy Birthday Bortie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home