Sunday, October 22, 2006

"Do Do Do, Lookin' Out My Front Door"





OK, Mike usually initiates all the blog posts, I know it's my turn, I'm only doing it because I had such an exceptional day, that I have to share it.


Last Wednesday Mike was in the office "googling" away at his news/Internet job. He does this four days a week from 5:00 -9:00pm, or 17:00-21:00 on Kiwi digital clocks. I'm doing what I generally do during those hours, imbibing a smooth Nelson Pinot Noir or full-bodied Australian Shiraz (I'm so full of it,I know) and I listen to Sirius satellite radio music or the Howard Stern replay. Since I'd already heard Howard that day, it was The Coffee House music channel.

I'd spent the entire afternoon in various areas of
the yard uncovering never before seen flowering vines, pungent lilacs, and stunning roses all being choked by noxious English ivy, (one of several banes of NZ, but that's another blog).
Damn those Pom's...
I'd hacked away at the encroaching evil English entity for several hours and now sat admiring my work.
Excuse me one moment, it's 4:20

OK I'm back.

So I'm sitting in the front yard, Maitai Valley to my right, the Center of NZ in front of me, and Tasman Bay to my left, when what to my wondering eyes does appear, a regatta of white sails, so near...

I just happened to have binoculars and camera at hand, part of my evening ritual (I'm so full of myself, I know, you can slap me next time we meet). I count 8,11, 15, 28!! Sailboats drifting out to where, I don't know. I spy.


One of my all time FAVORITE songs comes on, "Fragile" by Sting.
Please play this at my wake.

I may already be dead, because THIS is my idea of heaven, if indeed it does exist. Which is yet another blog.

Our friend Frith called later and informed us that yes, every Wednesday there are boat races out in the bay. Who knew?? I've decided that "questions, or when in doubt" ask new friends Frith or Phil for the answers.

Well, that's all, just had to share. It's 5:00pm, Mikes going into "the hole" to spend the next 4 hours dredging through 1000's of trash stories to entertain the masses.
Me, I'm listening to Sirius, taking in the view, thinking of all of you.

Cheers....

2 Comments:

At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Any I will pinch you in the arm the next time we meet!! I can picture you though :) but let me tell you - as I was calmly reading along and you stated you saw sails and pulled out your binoculars and then you show a photo of Sting!!!! Well, please, I thought you were able to spy Sting on one of the boats!!!!!! Now that would REALLY be YOUR heaven! love - robin

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want Shine on you Crazy Diamond, by my firiends Pink Floyd and maybe Landslide, Stevie Nicks.
h

 

Post a Comment

<< Home