Sunday, July 08, 2007

Eyes Alight, With Glowing Hair, All That Fancy Paints As Fair



New Zealand is experiencing a cold winter so it makes sense for Kiwis to get out of the country for a month. What is saved in heating costs could finance a trip to the US and A. So Kimberly and I are currently in California....Oakland, to be exact... visiting Chloe and her parents




Due to some genetic accident our granddaughter is part monkey, or at least she was born with a pelt on her head as thick as any chimp.

At 5 months, it was already time for a haircut as passersby kept offering her bananas.


So today, we all went to SNIPS, the local kiddie tonsorial parlor.
She had an appointment.
Although I don't recall my first haircut, I'm positive there was no appointment. There was probably a bowl from the cupboard. My dad held me down while my mother chopped away with a tool from her sewing kit...



Priceless


SNIPS charges $18 to style little apes. The place is very colorful and each customer can watch videos of Barney as they sit in the chair or on mom's lap. The barbers must be nuts by the end of the day and ready for a stiff drink.







Chloe sat like a champ during the entire 10 minute process. When it came time for the blow dry, things got tense as the noise and heat were troublesome.


In the end, there was a huge clump of hair on the floor that was collected up by Vanessa for some scrapbook.
This ritual is a bit of a mystery to me.










Since we had some time and Josh was there, I forced him into the kiddie chair for a haircut of his own. He has shoulder length locks that are beautiful. Very non-simian.
The rest of him is pure gorilla.
He tried to run out of the shop, but we dragged him in screaming. He sobbed the entire time until the haircut girl gave him a balloon.



When it was all over, I collected the cuttings off the floor for my scrapbook.


2 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger ChannelSurferDude said...

Too bad you didn't get a trim yourself...or do you like it that way??

 
At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is a beauty! Unbelievable amount of hair though. Congrats on getting Josh in a chair! I recall always going to the Beauty School w/mom!!!! Why pay more when they can learn from you sitting in their chair. I'll pay my $75 for cut and color thank you very much :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home